Monday, February 11, 2008

End of the scarlet festival (11 Feb)




considered my last day celebrating CNY. in the afternoon, brought my bro to grace's shop in holiday plaza to get an extra pair of specs for his "no-return" trip to melbourne. It was nice looking at all the potential eye wear that i could have donned. Picky picky.. and in the end my bro got a neat modern one.


waiting at the lull scribbling of another optometrist on the payment receipt, Grace tapped me, "wait here..", went off, fading behind, trailing off the outer crowd noise.

I sensed a surprise awaiting, and was beautifully rewarded with two pieces of cake.

"happy Birthday!" =)




Thanks to her, I remembered how nice a birthday could be.


was actually mad at my bro for being late and i have to wait for him all afternoon, and i thanked God for teaching me to be more patient and forgiving.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------



So i drove bro home, sent my sister to the custom. Anxious at what I barely miss, heading to this impromptu destination - my primary school teacher's house.

There goes, lazily parking the car while thinking about how is everybody, the 7 classmates that are there, getting down the car and try to recall the little names to match the matured faces.

Took off my shoes and slightly sticky socks, tugged them awkwardly into my shoe, and in walk myself to the present and past, into my teacher's humble house.

Smiles all over the conversations, stories of how we are doing now, comments about the present education system, enjoying my P5 BM teacher's big laughters.. Talking about our memorable past, discussing about our exact sitting position in class when we were 12 years old, feeling nostalgic and wondering why time flies by so cruelly in between the 11 years.



I am in a different world with them, our worlds collide once again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------


Said reluctant byes to them and dragged my feet to Yan's house for an informal CNY gathering and dinner. Tuned myself back to the world I am in, enjoying every single bit of small chat and huge laughs.

The beefs and mashed potatoes in my stomach screamed in ecstasy, such delightful food!

Pretty dog, wonderful people, heavenly food, and a great time that ended in singing of birthday songs and prayer for the February babies. After which some TnT dudes can't wait to get back to their "Risk" board game, bonding in their virtual wars.

I managed to gather Wen Mynn & Carol to watch CJ-7 at leisure mall, but sadly have to resort to KungFu Dunk because of the movie schedule. An enjoyable time anyway, though i frown upon the weak scene-changing and flaky characters.

My taste changed, i noticed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------



Drove back to Yan's place at midnight, not forgetting the promise to come back and 'da pau' food. The remaining ppl are just about to leave. Took 2 packs of mee siam handled to me, byes, and went home.

Received a silent sms from Wen Mynn to miss call her when I reached home safely. Replied her, thanked her for her concern.

Don't understand why little cares could mean the world. Think of boon fei's request to treat me a birthday dinner, pei2's book, think of my parent's love for me, thought of myself...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Listening to this mandarin slow acoustic song that my pri sch mate sent me, conclude that i have written this nice blog entry that's brewing like slow coffee, thinking that it would be nice if read slowly. listened to the whole Amanda Falk album, listened to the nicest 1st version of 'Eternal Life' of TEENz upcoming album...



Surrender to my eyelids,
expanding my vision into dreams,
and just sleep,..


waiting to live.
.

.
.


No comments: