Monday, August 19, 2013

CLCN worship seminar 2013

It is a long but meaningful week after taking 2 days off from work to be a drums instructor for CLCN worship seminar. During the seminar, besides teaching about drums, I get to dwell in God's presence during intimate worship, learned about worship from other musicians, worship leaders, song writers & speakers; and enjoyed the interaction with other people from churches all over. At the last day I brought my girlfriend over for the last session to worship together & pray specifically for different churches, I am glad that she enjoys it thoroughly, to be able to serve & pray together is such a joy beyond the usual dating of movies/hanging around/kite flying.

I like it, although it sounds unusual to be taking 2 precious days off (don't know why a part of my mind is saying why can't it be spent on studies or vacation), getting too tired & fell sick on the Monday back to work, but it is so worth it. Maybe I have caught a glimpse of how is it being like Mary sitting & listening than to be caught up by "all the preparations" (Luke 10:40) of being an assistant accountant who studies & worries about the company affairs.

"You are worried and upset about many things, but few things are needed - or indeed only one"
(Luke 10:41-42)

No comments: