Sunday, June 29, 2008

Giving


It was yet again a happy, relaxed, anxious and busy week that passed by. 2nd week without any calls for job interview, with lots of important things to finally pick up again after the exam.

Morning service was good today, later found out that 2nd service was a different sermon, glad that i didn't miss out on the good food. then some things to do here n there, last night wrote in my phone's memo about little things to do before going for meeting n there's 7.. huh har~...


"When you are prepared, the job will come."


why..why.... when i want a clear answer, then you speak, too clearly..
sometimes i wish you could make life a little easier by giving a more natural/expected outcome, like occasional calls, some hopes, some ups and some turn-downs.

why have to halt everything and just give me a simple sentence??
i guess i can't be picky n want my God to act in a certain predictable way..

You win,
ding ding ding..
guess who's the one to follow. it's nice.. but.. once in a while la, predictable a bit also good..



--------

I have dreams, little hide-behind, once-in-a-while-take-out-and-polished-then-put-back missionary dreams. Mark Geppert's sharing initiates a good clean out and I am challenged to give like i should.

few weeks ago God already told this and I like to hop around thinking i'm doing it before i really do it. heh. so this week has been a fruitful week as I took part & see how God abundantly blessed the people who gave sacrificially, in Salem's life.

And God did a neat little trick in my finances, being able to give excessively and able to pay my bills without asking money from my parents (though the last day of the week became doubtful n borrowed some money but end of the day the money was not necessary).
good to have Him remind that i have to give away the little i have so that in the future if i get rich, i'll learn to give a sacrificial proportion.


just now after dinner with Mark Geppert, after the so-gooood food, encouragement n sharing of evangelism & significant nation-building efforts in cambodia.. walked back to my bike and viewed the beautiful scenery of uniformed lines of waves across the whole surface of the strait, in an unsually cool cold night. dreaming about a career in finance in missions after some years of corporate battering. it really kept me thinking..

i have completed my 1st one-third of my life, and it seems like there is so much more in me to give to God. Maybe a normal working and living life wouldn't amount to much value, unless I do it for something that goes beyond myself, more than earning & experiencing more and turning into a product of selfish ambition, worldly expectations & social pressure; always sweating more in order to afford more sweat-absorbing shirts.

I want to aim for eternity. Keep my head in heaven, feet on earth.


No comments: