Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Joni Mitchell

Sitting by the window, by the window
Is what I do, what I do.

I watch the winds fly by, I watch them do.

"Bows and flows of angel hair
and ice cream castles in the air
and feather canyons everywhere
I've looked at clouds that way"

But now they've flew by and block my way
Rain and snow on everyone
So many things that I would have said and done
But clouds got in my way

So I got up and changed
and look at the clouds from both sides now

singing a new tune unlike my sleeping dreams
I swim and swim
to the moon back and forth from the clouds
living light staring out loud

tears and fears and feeling proud
hidden and schemes and circus crowds
slowly faded, flew
forget its taken identity in oceans away

a circle am a life
a hand held am loving alive

No comments: