Sunday, December 05, 2010

Stress management

Learning to handle a "small" manufacturing company. To them it's small, to me & my inexperience, it's overwhelming at times.

Coping with a work that I heard usually need months of training first. How long am I working here, slightly over 2 months, do I look like a kiddo with too heavy responsibilities. Learning.. learning.. to be dependable, to hold up with colleagues and a support group of staff older than me.. To be able to hold a good level of understanding and give sound advice when they come to me.. and to cope well in my personal capacity. Not a manager but due to being somewhat in the lower middle of the corporate ladder, have to serve the supporting staff members. First time doing so, previously in SG only an assistant. Many things to learn & teach & guide, many more hours to put in, much more leadership qualities & problem-solving skills expected.

And where is God, have my whirlwinds spin Him off the centre of my life? I came to church so exhausted i think i yawned a dozen times during prayer, there are many things done and not done; there are things that I have done well and things I used to hold on to tightly but now have neglected. Eh... I have changed.

Faith is not a crutch. Faith may be a strength unknown of human ability & a vision with a purpose. And I know Your joy is exceeding and never fades. You never change, Your love is always the same. So here I am, to abide & follow You, everywhere from the drum stool to the executive chair, and to the hopeful unknown region in future.

No comments: