Monday, January 15, 2007

Beautiful

It's been an 'ok' night after jazzing in the dimly-lighted, cold but well-equipped jamming studio; and alternating to white flo lights when my students arrived..

sometimes when feelings n past memories bottled up inside, it's best for me when you happen to work part-time in a music school along the beach.. when the sun sets n you work your fingers against the cymbals n drums, reflected beautifully with sentimental lights..

and after that short moment of emotions pouring over without words, i was being reminded by this short 'speech' by Ginny Owens before she presents this song before a live crowd, in her album..

and i'll feel ok.. =)




" i think we all know what it is to have this longing that we can't get away from, to be known n to be loved n to be understood, by even just one person in the world; to be accepted as we are, even with all our flaws n faults. But one of the things that i'm learning, in my wise old age of, erm.. , twenty something, is that there's probably not anybody on this planet that can love us the way that we desire being loved.. and uh, there's probably not anybody that can meet all of our expectations, n not anybody who's expectations we can meet. erm.. so it's kinda been for me over the past couple of years, a searching time of finding out what does it mean to believe that God my maker is also, God who loves me unconditionally, n pursues me daily, n runs after me in spite of what i do.

So, erm.. , i wrote this little song to remind myself of the fact that it doesn't matter if i'm accepted unconditionally by the people around me; what matters is that the one who created me, the one who knows me best, knows all of my darknesses, my flaws.. that one, is the one who loves me most, n there's nothing i can do to make that love go away.. " -Ginny Owens


Title: Call Me Beautiful (by Ginny Owens)

I've been waiting,
For a hero who's brave and strong.
Someone to love me,
Someone to tell me I belong.
So I pretend I'm satisfied,
And I stand watching on the sidelines.
Til You pull me into the light
And say, "It's your turn now, welcome to your life!"

And You call me beautiful,
Say You've loved me all along,
And You've always held the keys to unlock my soul.
You call me beautiful.

There's a smile on my face,
And a brand new light in my eyes,
It's a new day,
And I've never felt so alive,
I feel as if I could conquer anything,
That's what Your love has done for me,
And now all I want to be,
Is everything You want me to be-

Oh, You call me beautiful,
Say You've loved me all along,
And You've always held the keys
To unlock my soul, but I didn't know-
Now I can finally start to live,
Take those chances I have missed.
Things will be much different,
Now that I know You call me beautiful.

Bridge:
The story is better than I could dream after all,
Now this is reality
To know You to hear You call me beautiful.
Call me beautiful.

Now I can finally start to live,
Take those chances I have missed.
Things will be much different,
Now that I know, now that I know You call me beautiful.




About her, my favourite christian artiste...

Ginny Owens is a Contemporary Christian music singer/songwriter. She was born in Jackson, Mississippi, and has been totally blind since the age of two. When she graduated from Belmont University with a degree in Music Education, she found that most people were skeptical about hiring a blind music teacher. Instead she concentrated in singing and songwriting and began making CDs, and has been producing them since 1999 with Rocketown Records, a label under Michael W. Smith. Her music has been featured on television shows, such as Roswell and Felicity. Ginny has also received three Dove awards, including New Artist of the Year. In January 2005, Ginny Owens started a non-profit organization called the Fingerprint Initiative. The organization has worked in conjunction with other groups, such as Compassion International, The International Justice Mission, and Habitat for Humanity. Recently, Ginny Owens was featured on CNN to talk about the organization and their efforts to help rebuild New Orleans, following Hurricane Katrina.


www.ginnyowens.com

2 comments:

umbrella lady said...

testing testing.. =p

Esther said...

Very beautiful & very from the heart. (:

I love to read ur blog..