Sunday, July 08, 2007

hiding place



i find that one of the ways to make myself really attentive during Sunday sermons is to assume that i need to do sermon sharing during the next TnT cell group time.

what pst dennis shared this morning struck me as i was listening, lol-ing and jotting down notes..
relationship with Christ should far exceed serving. lately boon n wah have been emphasizing this, with Jim Yost coming soon during missions month n the 40 days fast & prayer till our nation's 50th independence anniversary. i think.. heh

i was having a wonderful "after-meal" with tnt buddies, sitting around a long table savouring/wiping out leftover wedding food, happily chatting with Ming Hui; but a phone call jolted me out of the chatter spirit, back into a forgotten meeting schedule. I excused myself and was silently awaken by a phrase by Ming Hui: "oh, again ar, bye.."

"where got 'again', only this time lor.."

"only this time? yesterday's cell also like that lor, quickly share TAWG then need to go off"


that few sentences imploded in my head, kept wondering in my mind for a while, and finally settled down in peace when i heard dennis' sermon this sunday morning.




Hiding place.





when the world coughs up a storm, when time races you inevitably to the next phase in life, when insecurity n hurts stamps its place in the deepest corner of the heart.

I can find rest in my saviour n God, and he will renew me in his likeness.


Be purified and one day, soon, be able to say that your love is better than wine.

No comments: