Sunday, October 12, 2008

FoodFair '08 & heart.

I think it all went well, i thoroughly enjoyed the weekend, though it's a little tiring. Seeing the TEENz tirelessly working everything to perfection, the decorations, dance, DJ-ing music, coordinating; the food being prepared; the fellowship enjoyed, satisfaction of serving God.

I had fun being with friends, cell group, I hate that it's all over now, have to drag my feet back to Singapore tonight =(

heh heh. I so glad to see Esther back for a while, with the cool group manning the photography stall. I love the company of alan, wei wan, my sis, alvin, ah lum, my cell members, danny, boon fei, angela, yan, and so many others. I think I really will start to miss people, last time i used to think that i couldn't survive without some movies and internet, now i think i can't survive without some time with people, mainly just slacking off & crapping with my parents, sister, good buddies & friends. It keeps me sane from the weekday mill run, or slogging off in the office & studying at night.

Being with people makes me feel human again :)
haha.

This morning I woke up early for foodfair & i was tremendously rewarded by this big, warm & orangy sun rise while on the way to church, so beautiful, especially when it's overlooking Taman Sentosa & the bridge to Permas Jaya. You can hear the 'wows' in the car from my sis n I.

I wonder if all these can last, friends do come & go like the rising & setting of the sun, everytime it happens & it's similar but different.

Time passes by fast, suddenly i am working & living a lonely city life, to & fro Raffles Place / Tanjong Pagar and Orchard Road everyday. Yet I feel unchanged.


Ever seen time & people fly by, grew up, and felt like your own life snail-pacing in a different path? Remembered His verse about our lives, like morning dew that stays only in a while and fades away.

I blinked, and my holiday's over, favourite movies turn 10 years-old, I work, my weekend's over, my old dreams evolved away, tasty fast foods become bland, life turned its face.

What is life and its supposed responsibility that summoned me out of my true phase?

Be changed, be ever changed, ever renewed in You, see from Your eyes, that you are good, ever good, ever loving, ever there, here, with me. That I am forever in your plans & arms, and i can ever see your face.

Your promises are true for me to live another day.

2 comments:

Esther said...

"I think I really will start to miss people, last time i used to think that i couldn't survive without some movies and internet, now i think i can't survive without some time with people"

So true. Nothing beats those a bit nice, a bit funny, a bit godly, a bit lame, a bit encouraging, a bit caring people at home like you all. =p

Victor said...

haha. good to see u man. =)