Sunday, December 28, 2008

The awakening

It was definitely a wonderful Christmas. There are BBQs to savour, hanging out and chatting with many close friends and family, served in Krismas Kita, relax and enjoyed the memorable performance during the 25th morning, bringing my non-christian primary school friend to some occasions. Glad to see her more receptive towards Christians, and one of her brother’s friend received Christ on one of the nights =) I received many simple but beautiful and useful gifts from my colleague and church buddies. I see relationships being restored / strengthened. I was sooo happy.

But until last night probably I was a little too overbearing, the 5-6 dinners to attend really tire me out and I was going back to s’pore feeling sad cos i don’t have time for myself. It’s actually my own fault for thinking I can go for all and expect to have time for myself too.. until.. My m'sia room & desk is messy for weeks and I don’t have time to clear it up.. not healthy… I must do some spring cleaning by 1 Jan.

So, last night was one of the Sunday nights where I find myself wondering why I have served God the whole weekend and still travel back to s’pore ‘jadedly’ with some water welled up in some sad eye. Though I have so much to be thankful, really, so so much.

Went back.. bathed and prepare to sleep, and asked that I may dream of God spending some time talking to me.

He did, but at a different timing. He woke me at 6.30am and told me to sit up and pray. I pleaded if He could let me lie down and pray cos I’m so sleepy… but no. =(

Too bad lo, sit n pray lo. And the moment I close my eyes, I saw a beautiful vision, of something which I won’t tell a soul… =P a big assurance, and His last parting words are: My grace is sufficient for you…

You can’t imagine how free & peaceful the rest that descends upon me.. =)

And so off to work I go, and now I gotha go liao, lunch time’s almost over.


...so challenged by this quote..


You might as well try to hear without ears or breathe without lungs, as to try to live a Christian life without the Spirit of God in your heart.
--D.L. Moody

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

我一直在寻找在试图找到如何让我的个人博客站点编码,你现在的风格和主题是绝妙的创意网站。你自己或你的代码你招聘一个编码器来获得对你亲自做?.