Sunday, August 26, 2007

8-10, and end.

8. At 22 years old, the things/events I've experienced in drums is something i'd never dream of when i started learning at 14 yrs old. Recording, roadshow, competition, concerts, rallies, workshop, seminars, conferences, teaching.

it feels good going to music events & music shops in JB and the people there know you and give offers & discounts, but it's superficial and all about business. And a drummer's reputation doesn't last long.. God's favour & blessing does.

currently my performing skills are kind of stagnant for a long time, but teaching skills is growing rapidly. I'm still a student and i earn pocket money teaching part time (outside church).

I think that it's actually more fun & sincere playing in CBC, the worse feeling is playing in roadshows. The toughest is teaching, followed closely by recording.


The sad part is people only know you as a drummer & acquaintance.



9. I rarely sleep before 1am every night, but i'm looking for a change.



10. Though the surrounding scenery is beautiful, studying for a UK professional accountancy qualification is an extremely tough & lonely phase of life for me.

I planned to study another US professional finance qualification after that, while working full time. It'll be the worst, but when i got it, i will not study more, ever again.

No comments: