Wednesday, February 04, 2009

The walk after wedding

(just trying to write something experimental & fast before continuing my usual routine..)

The Walk After Wedding

We are walking, she and I, back home just a mile away. She's happily prodding down her feet while it echoes around and above the alley. "Hold my hand, it's a bit slippery after the rain", something I told her time and again. Can't help it, can she, dipping her dainty little white shoes in the puddle again. I sighed a hidden smile. The lights above tingled. Dimming, the sun squeezed in between the alley down behind faraway trees.

"Do you like the wedding?", I quipped while picking out some leftover confetti in her hair. "It's ok", the 4 year-old angel replied, followed by a long pause.. (Gosh, I haven't wipe clean those sticky fingers that poked a dotted love-shaped mess on the wedding cake when the guests left).

"Look papa, a swans!"

I forgot to mention, when we were passed the alley, there's this radiant lake with a swan couple silently gliding across its surface to each other.



(.... okie, braino-deado, no more inspiration, back to studying & sleep)

No comments: