Monday, February 16, 2009

24th Bday (yr 2009)


Time passed so fast during these times, I am really thankful and touched by all the friends. The wonderful dinner at a japanese noodles restaurant at causeway point on wednesday night - great saba fish, fun games, great chat and perfect polo-T.

Friday's flooding of very meaningful sms-es, emails, friendster & facebook wishes from young ones, friends and uncle-aunties.

the friday night surprise at my house by TnT CG - bringing 3 donuts with candles, hiding behind a car on the street outside my house (lol), emerging in the dark with those candles lighting up my tired soul after a hard day's work, superb mee siam, fun time browsing thru childhood photos, eating on the living room floor.. and my dear sis' cheese cake =)

saturday morning's breakfast by my parents, tips on marinating meat, sis for accompanying me to the wet market to go walk around be blur and wonder what else to buy =P walking the wet wet alleys, looking at fishes, visited the lone pork stall, listened to uncle talked about earning money in US selling pork.

sunday afternoon baking lesson by a good friend, and the rest of the evening with most of my close friends there, about 10 ppl, preparing an all-chinese dinner, cooking together. Made a little mess out of the kitchen, cooked 2 chickens and 1.5 kg of pork, big soup and other veges, just there being together with everybody, passing the sauces, listen to cooking tips & lessons, some frying, some surprise gifts. tons and tons of talking, laughing, tasting food, experimenting, suan-ing each other, crapping, super-super fun. watched them play chua dai di with super big (palm-sized) disney poker cards, haha. Eventually, sitting around the crowded round table having sweet sour pork, ABC soup, black-sauce pork, kai lan, cai xin, herbal chicken, choco brownie with fudge sauce and vanilla ice-cream. Good food =) =)

When i thought nothing can beat what happened on my 23rd Bday, this year, after yesterday, i could die a happy boy. ha =P

My only regret is no photos, i guess i won't be able to visualise exactly how good the food looks, and the bowls of rice with traditional chopsticks & spoon around the table. But i remember the smiles and conversations going around, just like a happy family, cooking together, eating home-cooked food together. Oh ya, and also the unusual way of wrapping of gifts from australia, ha. Everything was beautiful, unforgettable. =)

Thank God, thank you. =)

To be with you all together, is my biggest, best birthday gift.


Looking at past Bday posts, i am being reminded to be very thankful for my family and the bunch of friends who have stepped into my life and make it absolutely beautiful.
2008
2007

I am truly blessed.

No comments: