Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sundays



Glad to find a photo that depicts the current feeling, tired & thinking. This Sunday surprised to find my neighbour (a 12-yr old blind boy) sitting at the front portion in the church hall after i played the drums, he came to english service just because i'm there.. wow. (supposed to be at bilingual service with mum) Mom's now looking for ways to get him a Braille bible.

If there is anything attributable to my own effort & success, it is never my circle of influence. I find God can mold me through the years and place people in my life to be a positive impact to them, not by the sheer effort of wanting to influence people, but by abiding in Him and he will somehow open a way for me to walk in the specific path He prepared. And it seems that nowadays it is the path of picking up those left behind and stand by the broken-hearted. And as soon as I start to think how great am I to be doing this and resumed doing this my way with my method, I start to get tired easily. Now you know why I'm tired, ha.

If to sum up what I've observed over these few years, is that the path to greatness (fulfilling life's calling / live life most satisfactorily) seems to be a path to smallness. Maybe that's why they called it ministry, all the "mini's" and you have to "try", sort of, ha. You shall increase, I shall (either the hard or easy way) decrease.


"Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man."
~Solomon (Ecc 12:13)


Christmas wish this year:
- Friends and family healthy, fruitful & happy
- Pass my exams confidently
- Somebody borrow me A.W. Tozer's book: The Pursuit of God =)

4 comments:

ケイレブ said...

Tozer's "The Pursuit of God" is actually in the public domain, which means that it's free. Project Gutenburg has an ebook version of it. :)

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/25141

Victor said...

yay! thks! =)

Victor said...

dance and celebrate dance n celebrate~

ケイレブ said...

Oops, forgot that I commented here. Haha, no worries. :)