Monday, February 12, 2007

The Joy of Giving & Receiving

It is a nice day today, played competitive & fun badminton with uncle Chung Wah, Ri Guang & Freddie. Sweat my bouncy, excessive fats in 2 hours of flying a quick shuttlecock in a smoking hot afternoon. I finished 1.5 litres of water in no time.

listening to ginny owen's songs again, it's funny why i like ginny owen's album so so much, blame my slightly melancholic, introspective, reflective self.. =P



One of the yamaha staffs called me after the badminton session, she asked whether i can pack dinner for them, 3 packets. I'm ok with it, and since it's very near my Bday, I struggle with the thought of treating them with something nicer..

I ended up at "Ming1 Chu2" ("famous chef") restaurant in melodies garden, bought 3 packets of different fried mees & rice, packed in very nice looking boxes. So i went to work after washing up at home.

It's a wonderful feeling, looking at the two yamaha staffs & a teacher's surprised faces when they saw the food, i guess they thought I'll just be buying them a normal dinner.
And they started to eat and share the food like nothing I've ever seen before, so interesting.. =) like they've found gold, haha! heard that the food is delicious & very fragrant wor..

So i started teaching drums happily.. and about an hour later, when i walked out of the studio, they present me a gorgeous piece of Secret Recipe cake and sang the happy birthday song in front of the customers. It was quite embarrassing for me but nevertheless a wonderful surprise! we took a nice-looking group photo & have a good chat later on.. oh yeah, i received a beautiful clay photo frame. =)

what joy in giving & receiving.. =) =)


after work at 10pm, i sat by myself at danga bay garden and ate the creamy cheese - oreo's cake. taking my steps in warm yellow bleached streets & enjoying the view, walking in my thoughts & feeling warm all over amidst the cool sea breeze..
And.. i bought something again, for someone else, for tomorrow.. =)


There is more of some truth in me now, of being more blessed to give than receive.


Happy Birthday for me tomorrow, happy Chinese New Year for you.

..
sweet dreams, we. =)

No comments: