Sunday, February 04, 2007

Wedding & a gum

This is one of the most tired but nice weekend.

wedding, teenz & night service on sat; service again, meeting & joshua camp graduation on sun. Playing so much drums in church & teaching drums in yamaha for 3 nights per week made me fairly versatile in certain genres... blah blah.

3 words to describe Jit & Nat's wedding ceremony would be: light-hearted & touching.
3 words to describe the luncheon is: very nice & yummy =)



Nat's self-told story was particularly touching, about forsaking a rebellious past, holding on to the promise of God and waited 10 yrs for Mr. Right.
It is not easy, 10 yrs of looking & waiting while your friends get married & moved on in life, pressure from parents, emotional stress, a ticking biological clock, temptations go the easy way.

God has proved to his people from time to time about his everlasting faithfulness & perfect timing. Trusting is so difficult but reaps such beautiful rewards for those who believed actively and not give up.


.
=)
.
My happiest moment in the past 5 days is unexpected.
After teaching, my 5 yr old cutie drum student stood up from his chair, reach into his tight pocket and gave me a chewing gum.

He smiled at me and asked whether is it nice, i said it's tasty. And he said that it's his favourite chewing gum, cos the robot picture imprinted on the gum packet is his favourite action robot.

The drum lesson ended. I walked to my bike alone but kept smiling to myself; like an innocent child, or probably more like an idiot. haha!



before going off, one of the yamaha staffs asked that will i be so happy if she gives me a gum.
"NO".

1 comment:

Chris Neo YT said...

Dear victor...

miss ya' so much bro!

I enjoyed ur stories alot!..

Blessings,
YT