Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The path less travelled..is a frightening one.


These 3 days' lecture will be 45 min later than usual, due to the coming exam.. so usually the bus that i took is already the last bus of the day..

got back to JB custom at 12.15am, thought about the path less travelled, thought about saying "Jesus loves you" to the transvestite..

So I walked the path...


Took a left turn rather than the usual right.. cross some roads.. very few ppl, some suspicious-looking guys squatting... on my way back to where i parked my bike, the other route.


Walk across the little park with a fountain in the middle of it.. quite dark... saw this guy washing a piece of cloth at the fountain, quickly walk pass..

reached this area of old shops, near the old indian bakery, walked pass the empty car park and two guys seemed to be staring at me. And 3 metres away, a stationery bike and van started their engines, rev loud, driving towards me...

Fear plays like a heightened sense of worse scenarios, i quickly ran pass that area... and the bike n van overtook me, and drive on... ceh, i thought they want to rob me, think too much..think too much.. haha. at that moment when i try to cool down my pumping fear & adrenalin, i looked ahead, and there stood a transvestite.


"Abang, ada rokok?"


....



I guess that's their usual pick-up line for customers, I walked pass him, wanting to give up my little mission, but he came to me a few steps nearer.... I took the courage, look at him/her in the eye and said.. "Jesus loves you".

oh no, forgot to smile, what if he doesn't understand english?!..

again.. "Tuhan sayangi kamu", with a forced little smile.. =]



he looked at me, puzzled for a few seconds, then try to sell his business, start acting naughty!!


woah, scary!! quickly walked away, as fast as my feet can carry me.. and 5 mins later, reached my destination!!! hooray, my bike!!!!
i can't remember when was the last time i felt such super great gratitude to be safe and alive, and the satisfaction i felt for saying the 3 words.


If nobody tells him/her this, that God loves him, then i'm glad to be the first. Hope that those 3 words will keep lingering in his head, heh heh. my little un-exemplary adventure of the day.

~

So many people are searching for love, not excluding christians..
The need for love is the loudest quiet desperation in our generation.
Till we realised and receive, and finally say, "true love has found me"..

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You're brave, you know that? I'd be happy too if I was still alive from that tranny trauma!

Esther said...

muahahaha.. reminds me of those tuition days where I need to travel here and there alone and strangers everywhere. The part where "think too much" always happen to me too and when I got home safely, I feel so alive. Totally feel you brother!

I like the "true love has found me" part. So true. (:

Victor said...

thks thks.. wah, esther you talk so funky eh. haha