Sunday, May 25, 2008

Peak of my life



This is a great weekend, took a study break and went to church, serve as drummer for TEENz when we serve at Holy Light's youth service.

Last night, Pammy's service was a wake up call from God. I went forward during altar call, just want to come to him cos past few weeks very tired n numb spiritually, and struggling to let go of some baggages. Then God's 100% satisfaction and affirmation of his faithfulness comforted me, i let my guard down, and surrender all once again.

After the superb DVD display of the universe, pammy's preaching, and the 'outing' to holy light..
I realised that NOW is the best time of my life.

the best time, yet, for now. Cos in future there will be even "bester" times =)

I have friends, friends that can laugh with me, respect me, friends that admire my drum skills (hHahAhhaHAha - dracula laugh, with shoulders lifting up & down), friends that seems to be sticking around forever no matter who or how i am. And I have a God who guides me past unknown waters, even in failures. My family that loves n support me, my sister to 'gek' and accompany me, and all other ppl that i can hang out with, i.e. TnT dudes, tok-tok ppl. And dreams that still burns a flickering fire in uncertainty.

There's a saying that goes:
Look at yourself and you will be depressed,
look at the world and you will be distressed,
Look to God, and be at rest.. =)


How true! Well, i can guarantee that i can look at myself, and be very depressed.. heh heh.. I've got tons to worry abt, abt my CG, abt the future career, where to stay when i work, will i ever meet a future GF, will english service hav enough drummers, will existing new drummers improve, will i pass my exams, will i change to be better person, will i be not so quiet in college, will i ever get a job, how to encourage CG go mission n camp when i myself not going... blah blahs..

I bet there will be so many ppl out there, who are seemingly living perfect lives, and have more worries than i am. maybe everybody's want to live other ppl's lives, i want to have enough money, prettier things or partners, be perfect.

I believe that we will be perfect, or "perfect", when we look to God. Standing in the light, stop staring at the shadows n run. even if we can't see the final goal clearly.. If God shows me the next step, then I will run whole-heartedly towards the next step.

Told God last night, that i'm gonna give up my dreams of going overseas, if there's no open doors then i will stay n love you with all my heart. though i know i was gonna regret abt this by tomorrow, but, heh heh, better to give your heart away first (to God) before anything else changes your mind.



Friends

I always have this secret thought, n since this coming week I will be staying in s'pore & studying like siao and not using internet much. So i'll say it now.

I have always been admiring ppl, especially friends. not the pervert or romantic way, but I would look at them, their lives, and smile to myself, thinking abt how wonderful they lived their lives and i might not get to see another person like them again.

ppl like BF, angela, alvin, ah lum, aaron, fu yao, jesmond, aunty lynn & koon, uncle koon i mean (not aunty koon, lol) , esther, alan, terence, titus,...so many many ppl.... young ones also like nicole, vincent, etc. many more.. some facing struggles but the way they handle it and overcame it made me look at myself n assure.."hmm!" I too can make it!

I mean, where else can u find great ppl like these??! they are not perfect, but they are certainly quite powderful. as in, like.. u know la.


I would thank God that he put me in such a super circle of friends to encourage me to grow, haha, selfish me. =P

no la, really.. ppl like pei pei too.... so many many others.. everybody going through different phases and situations in life, struggling, wrestle with God, fight.. surrender.. pull thru.. come out triumph one day in different facets.



I look at myself as a failure as an individual, but a success in Christ. because i know i'm gonna fail again if i depend on myself, and i know i will shine like stars if i surrender n follow God.

In the ulu tribe that Jim Elliot reached out to, the christians there are not called christians, but "God followers". what a privilege and challenge, if you ask me, i won't be able to tell you everyday that i am a God follower, but i will be. =)

`````

i'm just writing non stop without editing or pausing much.. gonna go soon, need to pack my clothes n go off to alan's place to stay. he's not staying there at the moment cos now having a break and thks to him much-much i get to reduce my traveling time n study more "kow" than ever in my whole freakin life. ha!

thks alan! =)


i enjoyed every moment while in holy light, in own church.. anyway, after the holy light thingy, zhen kang asked me abt drum stuff, n i teach him some secrets (mr zhen, schumann's boss told me i can charge him RM50 for what i told him in that 10 mins , ha). just usual stuffs that i tell ppl, other new drummers in FGC already knew..

got offers for drum job again, yay, but not taking it up. zhen kang told me that i am very popular, many ppl know me as the pro drummer. wow, sounds so great at first, but not so great la. cos if my hands one day kena chop off then my popularity will fade like mad.

God's recognition will be best la, but of course sometimes kena praised by strangers still feels good la, haha.


serve God faithfully, and he will bring you places.

yeap yeap.


gotha go.

bye bye!

some ppl say this blog they got read. very inspirational, i hope it still is.
Our God is our inspiration, without him, i can only be sad ass. haha.

byes

oh ya, last thing..

when i left holy light, the children service kids are practicing this song... unbelievable.. it sounded so beautiful from the voices of children.

ladies n gentlemen, The Prayer.

The Prayer (Live) - Celine Dion and Josh Groban


I pray you’ll be our eyes
And watch us where we go
And help us to be wise
In times when we don’t know

Let this be our prayer
As we go our way
Lead us to a place
Guide us with your grace
To a place where we’ll be safe
La luce che to dai

I pray we’ll find your light
Nel cuore restero
And hold it in our hearts
A ricordarchi che
When stars go out each night
L’eterna stella sei
Nella mia preghiera
Let this be our prayer
Quanta fede c’e
When shadows fill our day
Lead us to a place
Guide us with your grace

Give us faith so we’ll be safe.
Sognamo un mondo senza piu violenza

Un mondo di giustizia e di speranza
Ognuno dia la mano al suo vicino
Simbolo di pace e di fraternita

La forza che ci dai
We ask that life be kind
E’il desiderio che
And watch us from above
Ognuno trovi amore
We hope each soul will find
Intorno e dentro a se
Another soul to love

Let this be our prayer
Let this be our prayer
Just like every child
Just like every child

Needs to find a place,
Guide us with your grace
Give us faith so we’ll be safe
E la fede che
Hai acceso in noi
Sento che ci salvera

1 comment:

umbrella lady said...

wah 7 days to your exam. btw, i love the way you destress yourself, by using words and write the thoughtful entries.. to encourage ppl and yourself. (:

all the best.(: